Generous donations push Shares fund over the top
Another successful week of donations helped the Gothenburg Shares fund exceed its goal for 2012.
Over $2,100 came in this week. The amount raised this year—$5,203.73—exceeds the goal by $700 but is just a little more than the actual cost of the food. The excess money will be kept in the Rotary account for next year’s drive.
Seventy baskets were distributed Saturday by members of the Gothenburg Rotary Club, After Dark Rotary Club and other community volunteers.
Those making recent donations, in addition to anonymous gifts, were: Gothenburg Public School Staff, Dolores Viergutz, Dale and Mary Lou Block, Tim and Lael Greenlee, Anonymous in honor of Gothenburg teachers), Jean Clymer, Hilltop Birthday Club, Anonymous in honor of Sue Ostergard, Ken and Nancy Christensen, Two Ten Club.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates