Brady students medal at first speech invite of the season
Brady senior Sierra Quadhamer placed first in serious prose during the opening speech meet of the season at Cozad on Saturday.
Ten other schools competed in the meet in both novice and varsity divisions with students from Arapahoe, Central City, Cozad, Eustis-Farham, Gothenburg, Grand Island, Grand Island Central Catholic, Lexington, North Platte, North Platte St. Pat’s and Sutherland.
In addition to her first in serious prose, Quadhamer also earned second place in poetry and was fourth in improvisational duet with Makenzie Nansel.
Donnie Trisdale and Mike Adams also competed in the improvisational duet, placing seventh out of 22 entries.
Lexi Franzen and Madison Elliott finished sixth in duet acting.
Other Brady students who competed were Brandon Montgomery and Dayne Porter.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC