Turnquist bench donation
Place to sit: The daughter and son-in-law of the late Max Turnquist stopped at Gothenburg Public Schools Friday to see a bench placed outside Dudley Elementary that was bought with money donated by the Turnquist family to the Gothenburg School Foundation. Turnquist was a long-time supporter of the school and was board president when the bond issue to build Dudley Elementary was passed. Pictured are, l-r: Foundation board member Rick Zarek, Mitzi (Turnquist) Stinson of Grand Island, kindergartners Taylor Burge, Zoie Holbein, Holden Maline, Charlie Horn, Barrett Stinson and foundation member Verlin Janssen.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action