SWC begins Monday
The annual Southwest Conference basketball tournament will begin Monday with girls first-round action.
The first round for the boys is on Tuesday.
As the No. 4 seed, Gothenburg’s girls will host Ogallala at 7 p.m. Monday night.
In other first-round games, No. 2 Valentine hosts No. 7 Broken Bow at 6 p.m. and No. 3 Ainsworth hosts No. 6 Cozad at 5 p.m. Minden is the top seed and receives a first-round bye.
The semi-finals of the girls bracket will be Thursday, Jan. 24, hosted by the higher seeded winners.
If the Swede girls defeat the Indians, they will face Minden on the road in the semi-finals on Jan. 24. Times for the second round have not been determined.
North Platte High School will be the site for the girls championship at 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 26, with the third-place game at 1 p.m.
On the boys side, Gothenburg is the fifth seed and will travel to No. 4 Minden for the first round at 7 p.m. on Tuesday.
Other boys first-round games are No. 7 Ogallala at No. 2 Ainsworth at 6 p.m. and No. 6 Broken Bow at No. 3 Cozad at 7 p.m. Top seeded Valentine has a bye the first round.
A Swede victory would mean Gothenburg would travel to Valentine for the semi-finals on Jan. 25.
Boys championship is also Jan. 26 at North Platte at 6:15 p.m. with the consolation at 2:45 p.m.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500