Quadhamer earns scholarship through speech competition
By placing sixth in serious prose during the Kevin Heineman Memorial speech tournament at Hastings College on Jan. 19, Brady senior Sierra Quadhamer earned scholarship money to attend the college.
Quadhamer was the only Brady competitor to place at the meet. She also competed in the poetry division.
Other Brady students participating were Brandon Montgomery, Mike Adams, Lexi Franzen and Madison Elliott.
In addition to the speech contest, teams also competed in a fund-raising effort called “Hunger Games.”
Brady students and staff raised $55 toward the cause, pushing the team to third place in the event.
All proceeds of the fund raiser will be donated to National Poverty Awareness.
- Fun day at Block farm
- 600 bicyclists pedaling into town June 4
- Co. officer hired for floodplain duties
- Minister keynote speaker at Memorial Day service
- Village moves ahead with well repairs
- Brady students receive recognition
- Scottsbluff claims Dist. B-4 golf title
- Variety of ways offered to support Relay For Life