Lions Club hosting annual chili cook-off
The Brady Lions Club will have its annual no-rules chili cook-off and supper on Saturday, Feb. 23, at the Brady Community Center.
At the same time, the Lions will make available craft or home-based business vendor booths.
Cost for either a chili or vendor booth is $15 with all chili contest entry fees paid out in prizes.
Prizes will be awarded for best booth and for the chili that is best flavored, hottest and most original.
Set-up will begin at 1 p.m. with cooking to start at 2 p.m. and the chili supper at 5 p.m.
Free-will donation proceeds from the chili supper go toward sponsoring Brady High School junior representatives at Cornhusker Boys and Girls State.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC