Lions Club hosting annual chili cook-off
The Brady Lions Club will have its annual no-rules chili cook-off and supper on Saturday, Feb. 23, at the Brady Community Center.
At the same time, the Lions will make available craft or home-based business vendor booths.
Cost for either a chili or vendor booth is $15 with all chili contest entry fees paid out in prizes.
Prizes will be awarded for best booth and for the chili that is best flavored, hottest and most original.
Set-up will begin at 1 p.m. with cooking to start at 2 p.m. and the chili supper at 5 p.m.
Free-will donation proceeds from the chili supper go toward sponsoring Brady High School junior representatives at Cornhusker Boys and Girls State.
- District 20 unveils new traffic pattern
- Gothenburg team takes 2nd at SGA in Lincoln
- In 13 years, Dawson County yet to issue first AMBER Alert
- Food Safety Law good for consumers, if it were funded
- Melons hang tough, fall short
- Classes will come together during all-school reunion
- Council declares husky vicious dog
- Nebraska ag land values down 2%