CHARITY SHOT: Trent Schlake, a 1994 Gothenburg High School graduate, participated in Friday night’s United Fund Shootout during the Swede basketball games with Ainsworth. Schlake made 13 layups and one free throw to earn $375 for United Fund in the event sponsored by Gothenburg State Bank. Shlake won 10% of his total but donated his prize back to the organization. The event raised $825 to help support United Fund’s 10 agencies.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.