Holbein wins lottery game
A Gothenburg man has an extra $15,000 in his pocket after winning a Nebraska Lottery scratch game.
Randy Holbein, 55, won after playing the $2 scratch game called Bunco. He bought the winning ticket at the local Time-Saver gas and convenience store.
After scratching the ticket, Holbein saw three identical dice.
Holbein said it felt “pretty cool” to win, noting that he plans to pay some bills with the money and isn’t sure what else he’ll do with it.
Lottery officials said there were three $15,000 top prizes available in Bunco and that Holbein was the third person to claim a top prize.
They said the odds of winning the top prize in Bunco were 1 in 300,000, while the overall odds of winning any prize were 1 in 3.97.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates