Holbein wins lottery game
A Gothenburg man has an extra $15,000 in his pocket after winning a Nebraska Lottery scratch game.
Randy Holbein, 55, won after playing the $2 scratch game called Bunco. He bought the winning ticket at the local Time-Saver gas and convenience store.
After scratching the ticket, Holbein saw three identical dice.
Holbein said it felt “pretty cool” to win, noting that he plans to pay some bills with the money and isn’t sure what else he’ll do with it.
Lottery officials said there were three $15,000 top prizes available in Bunco and that Holbein was the third person to claim a top prize.
They said the odds of winning the top prize in Bunco were 1 in 300,000, while the overall odds of winning any prize were 1 in 3.97.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president