More FFA’ers qualify for state
Another round of District Career Development events at Mid-Plains Community College means more local FFA’ers have qualified for state.
After the second of two events on Feb. 27 (the first was Feb. 13), Gothenburg FFA’ers learned that the meats and veterinary science teams, which both finished first, will advance to state competition which is April 3-5 in Lincoln.
Members of the meats team are Amanda Larson, who finished second individually, Herschel Foster, Kristen Bartlett and Amanda Kowalewski.
The veterinary science team consists of Morgan Kowalewski, who finished second individually, Jessica Schmidt, who was third, and Tanner Borchardt, Jacob Clark and Blaire Gibbens.
The floriculture team, made up of Madison Costello, Kaylee Beyea, Courtney Brown and Kylee Beya finished fourth as did the livestock management team.
Members of the livestock management team are Jordan Lauer, Amanda Kowalewski, McKinley Harm, Ashley Eskew, Morgan Kowalewski, Jessica Schmidt, Pete Peterson, Abbie Mazour and Kristen Bartlett.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC