Students travel to Capitol
ALL ABOUT WATER: Gothenburg High School’s environmental science class, taught by Maggie Tiller, traveled to the State Capitol on March 15 as guests of the The Groundwater Foundation and the Nebraska Wellhead Protection Network during National Groundwater Awareness Week. Gothenburg and Auburn students were invited to share their concerns and perspectives on state water issues. Pictured is GHS junior Shelby Mannel (center) showing Becky Schuerman (left) of the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services a groundwater foundation application. Other Gothenburg students pictured are Tyson Miller and Curtis Andres (far right). The Groundwater Foundation has worked with GHS class on water issues throughout the year and the class also does activities on its own.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins