GHS one act fifth at districts
The Swedes took their one-act play to Sidney and finished fifth Saturday in B-6.
Co-director Lori Long said students needed to finish first or second to qualify for state competition.
“Our team performed ‘lights out’ amazing on Saturday but the judges were not as receptive,” Long said.
Alliance won the competition and Chadron was runner-up.
“We tied with Ogallala for fourth in rank but had three fewer points than they did so we got fifth,” she said.
Judges’ results were split, Long said, which meant they had varying perspectives on the performance.
However outstanding performers were agreed upon.
Qualifying for those honors were Patrick Reeves, Alex Schultz, Jeramie VanAcker, Christopher Block, Elizabeth Graham and Zac Franzen.
Long said she and co-director Erin Feather were proud of the students and their efforts in performing Epic Proportions. of
“We look forward to next year,” she said.
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates
- Playground equipment tops Lake Helen priority
- School administrators reorganize with one less
- Turning to the next page
- The Crossing gets special use permit
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Hotline brings sellers and buyers together