Celtic musicians return
Four Shillings Short
A band that plays different kinds of music and shares the culture with its audience, Four Shillings Short returned to the Gothenburg High School performing arts center last Thursday to entertain and teach students. They also performed an evening concert for the public. The couple played a concert in Gothenburg a year ago. Pictured is Aodh Óg Ó Tuama (left) who is originally from Cork, Ireland, and Christy Martin of San Diego, CA. Martin is playing a hammered dulcimer. The California-based couple travels and plays music from Ireland, Scotland, England, America, Medieval Europe and India and tell about the different instruments they use.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action