Celtic musicians return
Four Shillings Short
A band that plays different kinds of music and shares the culture with its audience, Four Shillings Short returned to the Gothenburg High School performing arts center last Thursday to entertain and teach students. They also performed an evening concert for the public. The couple played a concert in Gothenburg a year ago. Pictured is Aodh Óg Ó Tuama (left) who is originally from Cork, Ireland, and Christy Martin of San Diego, CA. Martin is playing a hammered dulcimer. The California-based couple travels and plays music from Ireland, Scotland, England, America, Medieval Europe and India and tell about the different instruments they use.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.