Three DI teams win gold, trip to state
All three teams Gothenburg Public Schools sent to regional Destination Imagination competition Saturday returned with gold medals.The Dudley Elementary teams, that competed at Cozad, won their divisions and will advance to Affiliate Finals at the University of Nebraska at Kearney on Saturday, April 6.
Destination Imagination is the world’s leading creative problem solving program and competition. The program helps build important life-long skills such as creative problem solving, teamwork and divergent thinking.
A group of sixth graders competed in the middle level of the “Wind Visible” challenge.
Madeline Daup, Lauren Waskowiak, Max Jinks, Madison Hubbard, Presley Wendelin, Lauren Johnson and Payton Buss are team members. Jenny Daup is team manager.
Fifth graders Tessa Oliver, Madeline Jorgenson, Mariah Buss, Kaitlyn Harrison, Tyler Whiting, Conner Baker and Brock Pentheny competed in the challenge “Change in Realitee.” Kathy Oliver is team manager.
Competing in the challenge “Wind Visible,” on the elementary level, was a team of Weston Jinks, Matthew Shea, Joey Headley, Seth Daup and Reed Weyers. Khris Jinks is team manager.
Serving as appraisers at the regional contest were Janice Libich, Roxanne Whiting and Randy Waskowiak.
The public is welcome to attend state finals on April 6.
- 35 years of caring for kids
- Melons start season with improved LED scoreboard
- Brady boys take 4x400 title, finish third at state
- Brady hosting Pistol Pat basketball camp
- USDA reminds farmers to certify conservation compliance by June 1
- Parent: ‘Being with’ children important
- Reeves leaves with two top performances
- Freedom always has a price