Goodwill trailer plans stop in Gothenburg
Goodwill Industries of Greater Nebraska is planning its next donation drive in Gothenburg, which will be Friday, April 26, from 12 noon to dark and Saturday through Sunday from 8 a.m. to dark or before when trailer is full. The trailer will be parked at the city swimming pool.
Donations of clothing and household items that are in good condition and saleable (what you would want to buy) can be placed inside the trailer. However, because of limited storage space Goodwill cannot accept furniture or large appliances. Tax donation slips will be available at the trailer.
Goodwill is now accepting personal computers and computer accessories.
“Our last drive was a great success and the generosity of the citizens of Gothenburg and the surrounding area is very much appreciated,” Karrie Custard, director of operations, said.
Revenue earned through the sale of donations at Goodwill retail stores help support programs for persons who have developmental disabilities or a long-term mental illness. Goodwill’s mission is to assist these individuals in achieving independence in the community, including providing job training and job placement.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates