Relay wants to round up cancer survivors for dinner
All area cancer survivors and caregivers are invited to attend the first American Cancer Society Relay For Life Survivor/Caregiver dinner at Chipper Hall in Cozad on Saturday, April 27.
Those attending will step into the Old West as they kick start the action for this year’s Relay For Life of Dawson County event theme “Round Up A Cure.”
“We are looking forward to a good old fashioned hoe down with some good chow and a rootin’ tootin’ good time,” said Chris Barnes, survivor chairperson. “We want to recognize cancer survivors and their caregivers in a special way this year.”
The event starts at 5 p.m. Upon arriving, survivor photographs will be taken and purple Relay For Life survivor t-shirts will be handed out in preparation for the Relay For Life event on Friday, July 12, at Lake Helen in Gothenburg.
At the relay, survivors will wear their purple shirts for the Lap of Hope at 6 p.m. and the photos will appear during the luminaria ceremony slide show at 9:30 p.m.
Survivors and caregivers are asked to RSVP to Barnes at 308-784-4484 by April 13.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500