Relay wants to round up cancer survivors for dinner
All area cancer survivors and caregivers are invited to attend the first American Cancer Society Relay For Life Survivor/Caregiver dinner at Chipper Hall in Cozad on Saturday, April 27.
Those attending will step into the Old West as they kick start the action for this year’s Relay For Life of Dawson County event theme “Round Up A Cure.”
“We are looking forward to a good old fashioned hoe down with some good chow and a rootin’ tootin’ good time,” said Chris Barnes, survivor chairperson. “We want to recognize cancer survivors and their caregivers in a special way this year.”
The event starts at 5 p.m. Upon arriving, survivor photographs will be taken and purple Relay For Life survivor t-shirts will be handed out in preparation for the Relay For Life event on Friday, July 12, at Lake Helen in Gothenburg.
At the relay, survivors will wear their purple shirts for the Lap of Hope at 6 p.m. and the photos will appear during the luminaria ceremony slide show at 9:30 p.m.
Survivors and caregivers are asked to RSVP to Barnes at 308-784-4484 by April 13.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action