Hird: Health not reason he resigned from job
Brady Public School principal Bruce Hird said he’s not resigning his position at the end of the school year for health reasons.
“I’m seeking other employment options,” Hird said.
Superintendent Bill Porter said in a story in the April 17 issue of The Times that Hird resigned for health reasons.
Hird said his overall health is not the basis for his decision to resign.
“I decided it was better to find a job elsewhere or take ‘rule of 85’ retirement rather than continue in the position,” he said. “Philosophical differences and communication challenges are factors contributing to my decision.”
He added that the students, teachers, and staff at Brady are awesome.
“I take great satisfaction in knowing that I helped Brady Public Schools improve over the past three years,” Hird said.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics