Williams recognized among accomplished UNL alumni
Matt Williams of Gothenburg was one of 21 accomplished University of Nebraska-Lincoln alumni at the annual Alumni Awards Banquet, An All-University Celebration, May 2 at the Nebraska Champions Club.
The 2013 award winners, announced by the Nebraska Alumni Association, represent all nine UNL colleges and have achieved successes in their careers and communities.
A selection committee comprising UNL alumni from across the country chose the winners.
Williams’ accomplishments, as recognized by the alumni association, include: He is a fourth-generation banker and has been with the family owned bank since 1973. He currently serves as chairman of the American Bankers Association and was chairman of the Nebraska Bankers Association in 2003-04. Williams was selected as one of 14 bankers from across the country on the FDIC Advisory Committee on Community Banking. He also serves on the University of Nebraska Foundation Board of Trustees, the UNL Ag Builders, the NU President’s Advisory Council, the UNL Finance Department Advisory Board and the board of directors of Innovation Campus. Willliams received his bachelor’s degree in 1971 and law degree in 1974, both from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He and his wife, Susan, have two children and five grandchildren.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics