Eberle received Friend of Tourism Award
Mike Eberle was selected as the 2013 Friend of Tourism by the Gothenburg Chamber of Commerce Tourism Committee because of his involvement in this year’s Spring Blowout and Pony Express BBQ Challenge. He was instrumental in getting the barbecue contest started in Gothenburg and he contributed time, money and energy toward a very successful event. Eberle attends about 25 barbecue contests around the United States each year as a certified judge. Each competition he attends he’s out there promoting Gothenburg as well as the local contest. Among those pictured with him are members of the Tourism Committee, l-r: Karan Smith, Diane Trullinger, Sally Jochum, Anne Anderson (chamber executive director), Mayor Joyce Hudson, chamber president Bret Tiller and Jill Rubenthaler.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action