Alumni banquet is May 25
The public is invited to the Gothenburg Alumni Banquet Saturday, May 25, at 6:30 p.m. in the Community Building gymnasium.
Tickets are $25 and are available at the three local banks and also at the door but organizers prefer they are bought before the banquet.
The classes of 1943, 1953, 1963, 1973, 1983, 1993 and 2003 will be recognized.
Josh Clark, a 2012 GHS graduate, will sing the national anthem and serve as master of ceremonies.
Entertainment will be provided by Dudley Elementary sixth grader Jonah Taylor.
Mayor Joyce Hudson, a 1969 graduate; guidance counselor Jerry Wiggins; and 2013 graduate Logan Sheets will offer a welcome.
Lee Carlson, a 1972 graduate, will provide the invocation and 1953 graduate Lyle Franzen the benediction.
The Rev. Gloria (Keiser) Dovre, of the Class of 1981, is the speaker.
A social time is planned Saturday, from 9-11 a.m., in the cafeteria with community and school tours available at 10 and 11 a.m.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president