Golfers improve on West Wind course
Gothenburg golfers showed improved scoring Thursday, but it wasn’t enough to finish among the leaders in the team or individual standings at the Ogallala Invitational.
McCook was the team champion carving out a 309 on the West Wind Golf Course. Scottsbluff took runner-up honors three strokes back.
The Swedes finished with a team score of 395 for 11th.
“We shot under 400 as a team and we haven’t done that very many times this year, so that was a good thing,” Swede coach Don Graham said.
Junior Adam Speck was the low scorer for Gothenburg with a 91.
The meet medalist was Mack Alspaugh of McCook who carded a 71.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics