Golfers improve on West Wind course
Gothenburg golfers showed improved scoring Thursday, but it wasn’t enough to finish among the leaders in the team or individual standings at the Ogallala Invitational.
McCook was the team champion carving out a 309 on the West Wind Golf Course. Scottsbluff took runner-up honors three strokes back.
The Swedes finished with a team score of 395 for 11th.
“We shot under 400 as a team and we haven’t done that very many times this year, so that was a good thing,” Swede coach Don Graham said.
Junior Adam Speck was the low scorer for Gothenburg with a 91.
The meet medalist was Mack Alspaugh of McCook who carded a 71.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president