Golfers improve on West Wind course
Gothenburg golfers showed improved scoring Thursday, but it wasn’t enough to finish among the leaders in the team or individual standings at the Ogallala Invitational.
McCook was the team champion carving out a 309 on the West Wind Golf Course. Scottsbluff took runner-up honors three strokes back.
The Swedes finished with a team score of 395 for 11th.
“We shot under 400 as a team and we haven’t done that very many times this year, so that was a good thing,” Swede coach Don Graham said.
Junior Adam Speck was the low scorer for Gothenburg with a 91.
The meet medalist was Mack Alspaugh of McCook who carded a 71.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates