Golfers improve on West Wind course
Gothenburg golfers showed improved scoring Thursday, but it wasn’t enough to finish among the leaders in the team or individual standings at the Ogallala Invitational.
McCook was the team champion carving out a 309 on the West Wind Golf Course. Scottsbluff took runner-up honors three strokes back.
The Swedes finished with a team score of 395 for 11th.
“We shot under 400 as a team and we haven’t done that very many times this year, so that was a good thing,” Swede coach Don Graham said.
Junior Adam Speck was the low scorer for Gothenburg with a 91.
The meet medalist was Mack Alspaugh of McCook who carded a 71.
- GMH contracts signed for two new physicians
- Swedes second at SWC play invite
- Brady girls focused on one game at a time
- Shaw: Dracula best fits our one-act cast
- All jokes aside, Swede girls mean business
- Swede basketball will attack with speed
- Midlands gets bid for Hammond Bridge
- Rudolph to be honored for heading Cattlemen