Minister keynote speaker at Memorial Day service
The Rev. Jeff Cottingham is the keynote speaker at this year’s Memorial Day service.
Cottingham is the minister of the Trinity Lutheran Church.
The public is invited to the 10 a.m. event at the Gothenburg cemetery on Monday, May 27.
American Legion vice commander Jack Ostergard is master of ceremonies.
Chaplain Bill Hayward will give the invocation. Ostergard will lead those gathered in the pledge of allegiance.
Barry McDiarmid of Gothenburg will sing the national anthem.
Stan Johnson of the American Legion, Diane Harm of the American Legion Auxiliary, Steve Hecox of the Veterans of Foreign Wars and Donna McConnell of the VFW Auxiliary will place wreaths on the graves of veterans.
At the end of the service, the Gothenburg Honor Guard will fire a salute and play taps.
In case of rain, the program will be at the Senior Center.
- Ehmen relative donates relics to local museum
- With help of Gothenburg teen, near-death experience ends OK
- Healthcare concerns
- Resident gets permit for taller fence
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Rural Nebraskans’ optimism up this year
- Runners taking it one step at a time
- Gothenburg hitters pound opposing pitchers at Lex Invite