Minister keynote speaker at Memorial Day service
The Rev. Jeff Cottingham is the keynote speaker at this year’s Memorial Day service.
Cottingham is the minister of the Trinity Lutheran Church.
The public is invited to the 10 a.m. event at the Gothenburg cemetery on Monday, May 27.
American Legion vice commander Jack Ostergard is master of ceremonies.
Chaplain Bill Hayward will give the invocation. Ostergard will lead those gathered in the pledge of allegiance.
Barry McDiarmid of Gothenburg will sing the national anthem.
Stan Johnson of the American Legion, Diane Harm of the American Legion Auxiliary, Steve Hecox of the Veterans of Foreign Wars and Donna McConnell of the VFW Auxiliary will place wreaths on the graves of veterans.
At the end of the service, the Gothenburg Honor Guard will fire a salute and play taps.
In case of rain, the program will be at the Senior Center.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500