Bike riders here Tuesday
TOWN to host BRAN: More than 600 bicyclists are expected to pedal into town Tuesday when the city hosts the fourth night of the annual Bicycle Ride Across Nebraska. Gothenburg Chamber of Commerce director Anne Anderson urged residents to be aware of bicyclists as they enter and leave town, via Highway 30, and to use caution when driving. Riders will camp at the practice field west of the school football stadium. Several local organizations will sell food and snacks to riders and the public and evening show is scheduled at the Sun Theatre. Anderson also reminds residents to welcome riders and support people, noting that host towns can collect up to $20,000 on what riders and others spend on food, entertainment, lodging and more. Pictured is this year’s BRAN route across Nebraska.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins