Lake Helen waters park grass
The entire lake will be drained and dried before the smaller lobe is filled with dirt and the larger lake dug deeper and reconfigured. Right, l-r: Dane Ehlers and Tim Ogier of the parks department and Shawn Herfel of the street department stretch hose. Once operational (left), water was sprayed on grass that used be a sand volleyball court. Park officials said it would take about 15 days to drain the lake.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action