Dawson Tire & Wheel selling retail tire business
Because of growth in the agricultural economy, Dawson Tire & Wheel is selling its retail tire business to Gothenburg Tire & Service July 1.
“This was a difficult decision but we have realized that Gothenburg Tire is much more aligned to service the tire and service needs of Gothenburg and the surrounding area,” said owner Eric MacPherson.
MacPherson said Dawson Tire & Wheel will continue to service farm tire and service trucks and also farm and irrigation tire and wheel sales and service.
Kacie Morris, Dawson Tire & Wheel marketing manager, said the company will remain in the building and concentrate on the irrigation part of the business.
“Anything to do with ag tires and wheels,” Morris said.
Danny Pfeiffer, co-owner of Gothenburg Tire & Service, said his business may hire more employees and expand in the future.
What they’ll increase, after the sale, is the number of wheel alignments, Pfeiffer said.
“We’re excited about it,” he said.
The corporation that owns Gothenburg Tire & Service, located at 302 W. Eighth, also has a tire business and gas station in Eustis.
Dawson Tire & Wheel is located at 806 Eighth. About a year ago, the business moved its wholesale operation into a newly built facility at 511 Cottonwood Drive.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates