Roni Putnam named academic All-American
A Gothenburg student is one of 11 student-athletes at Southeast Community College who have earned Academic All-America awards from the National Junior College Athletic Association during the 2012-2013 seasons.
Roni Putnam of Gothenburg, a sophomore participating in women’s softball, was an exemplary award winner for her grade point average of 3.76.
“I congratulate these student athletes and Storm athletic teams for their academic excellence,” said Dan Johnson, Storm athletic director. “It can be challenging to juggle time in a sport and time studying. We’re extremely proud of all of these students.”
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500