Roni Putnam named academic All-American
A Gothenburg student is one of 11 student-athletes at Southeast Community College who have earned Academic All-America awards from the National Junior College Athletic Association during the 2012-2013 seasons.
Roni Putnam of Gothenburg, a sophomore participating in women’s softball, was an exemplary award winner for her grade point average of 3.76.
“I congratulate these student athletes and Storm athletic teams for their academic excellence,” said Dan Johnson, Storm athletic director. “It can be challenging to juggle time in a sport and time studying. We’re extremely proud of all of these students.”
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair