Pounding pavement on Lake Avenue
Digging up concrete
A baseball-sized hole in a water main on Lake Avenue, between 19th and 20th Street, is still creating problems. City services director Shane Gruber said the break was discovered on June 24 when 65 pounds of water erupted, shooting as high as eight inches from the pavement. Gruber said the break was repaired last Thursday but traffic is still re-routed from the area for safety reasons and so workers from Paulsen Inc. of Cozad can remove concrete (pictured) to see how much dirt was washed away. With heavy truck traffic up and down Lake Avenue, he said the pavement might cave in without backfill or flowable fill, noting that the stretch of road could be closed for another week.
- SERVICE IN JEOPARDY
- Winning team repeats in scramble
- Study shares ways to grow housing
- Peddlers in the park
- Lifeguards host annual swim carnival
- Trinity Lutheran construction to begin Construction.
- Commissioners discuss late bill privately, approve lake trail addition
- Brady school student numbers grow slightly