Prescribed burns topic of July 15 conference
Prescribed burns are getting added attention this year with a first-ever conference on the topic.
The Nebraska Prescribed Burn Conference is set for Monday, July 15, from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Kearney Holiday Inn.
This conference aims to bring landowners and fire professionals together to facilitate the discussion of challenges and successes associated with prescribed burning. Panel discussions are planned with landowners and with fire professionals including volunteer fire departments.
Attendees are asked to both share their knowledge of prescribed fire while learning about some of the techniques other landowners around the state are using with this land management tool.
Discussion topics include:
Growing season burning vs. dormant season burning for eastern red cedar control
Landowner panel discussion
Volunteer fire department panel discussion
Conference details including an agenda and registration form are available at www.outdoor
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State