Brady blood drive planned for July 15
Brady area residents are urged to support a blood drive in Brady on Monday, July 15, from 1:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Community Center.
Donors looking for foods high in iron to boost iron levels should consider these choices: strawberries, watermelon, sweet potatoes, dark green veggies, potato skins, all meats and sea foods. With fresh garden produce available now, it’s easy to get iron.
Some things that in inhibit iron absorption are caffeinated beverages and chocolate. Try to stay away from those items a couple days before your donation, said Marilyn Bratten, Brady drive coordinator.
The goal for this drive is 25, so we hope to have a great turn out, she said. To make an appointment, call her at 584-3257. As always, walk-ins are welcome.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500