North Platte couple wins at car show
An overcast sky that threatened rain kept a few Brady Days car show competitors from participating in this year’s show on Saturday but those who braved the clouds had plenty to show off.
Tim and Cindy Bundy of North Platte earned people’s choice honors with their 1968 Pontiac GT and Ken Cline of Gothenburg received the Brady Days parade grand marshal’s choice award for his ‘47 Plymouth.
Others to receive trophies include:
Rat Rod—Monte Kenning of Gothenburg
Truck—Ed Dowell of North Platte, ‘53 Chevy truck
Motorcycle—Kevin Earll of Brady
Ford—Misty Horn of Brady, ‘56 Ford Customline
Mopar—Jay Lewis of Gothenburg, ‘57 Plymouth
Restored original—Tom and June Sowle of North Platte, ‘69 Ford Mustang
GM—Ken Covington of North Platte, ‘67 Chevy
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action