BQA, low stress cattle handling offered at Lex
A Beef Quality Assurance (BQA) training and Low Stress Cattle Handling presentation will be Wednesday, Aug. 21, starting at 4 p.m. at the Dawson County Fairgrounds in Lexington.
The day includes an opportunity to become BQA certified, enjoy a meal and learn from a renowned cattle handling expert, Curt Pate. The event is sponsored by Nebraska Cattlemen.
For more than a decade, Pate has improved handling practices and strives to create sustainability for the cattle industry by doing cattle handling presentations. Low stress handling provides a direct benefit to the producer. Improved handling alleviates unnecessary stress to the animal and allows the producer to move cattle more efficiently and effectively.
All producers are invited to attend this free educational event. BQA training begins at 4 p.m. with the meal and live cattle presentation to follow. A two-year BQA certification will cost $20.
For more information about Curt Pate, visit http://curtpatestockmanship.com.
- Eastside offers cremation services
- Pinpoint outage affects landline customers
- Junior golf ends with championship tourney
- Swimmers end season with new league record at Plains tSunami championships
- Property owners urged to comply with nuisance rules
- Commissioners approve new fiber optics provider
- Black Hills Corp. to buy out SourceGas company
- AREA NEWS DIGEST