Local restaurant wants to offer KENO
County commissioners okay lottery request
The Nebraska Barn and Grill, a restaurant scheduled to open in Gothenburg the first week of September, wants to offer Keno in the bar area.
At a Dawson County Commissioners meeting last Thursday, the restaurant received approval to provide the lottery game.
With commissioner approval, the request was sent to the Nebraska Lottery offices in Columbus. If the bid is approved, Nebraska Barn and Grill can offer Keno.
In other business, a deed of conservation easement agreement was made between Wetlands America and Darr Farms, LLC.
John Cunningham, a Wetlands America representative, said his company was seeking a 250-acre area in Dawson County for rural conservation.
There would be a small area taken out of the easement for a cabin to be placed on the land, he said.
There are no crops on the property, which would remain the same, and it would be grazed periodically, Cunningham said.
In other business, Olds Cork & Cap Liquor in Cozad was granted a special designated license to serve liquor at a wedding Sept. 14 in rural Cozad.
In other business, the board:
authorized chairman P.J. Jacobson to sign a sub-grant agreement for Child Support Enforcement Services.
issued a U.S. Bank purchase card for county surveyor Mark Streit.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics