Cookbook sales top $1,000
Brady School Foundation members report that $1,000 was raised during Brady Days earlier this month for the foundation.
The Brady Beauties sold a cookbook, at the annual festival, entitled “Memories, Miles and Meals.”
Foundation member Marge Spencer said fund raisers help the organization raise funds to support educational programs for every student in the district.
Spencer said five cookbooks are still for sale at the Brady branch of the Gothenburg State Bank.
She noted that the Brady Beauties have entered the cookbook in the Morris Community Cookbook Awards contest. where it could receive a cash prize.
Award money must be given to designated beneficiaries, like the Brady School Foundation, she said.
“And we feel the Beauties have a winner,” Spencer said.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog