Cool relief after hot workout
Water after Workout: As temperatures sizzled in the upper 90s last week (with the heat trend predicted to continue this week), those who work outside should remember to hydrate, especially students involved in athletics who practice outdoors. Pictured, Gothenburg High School eighth-grade cross country runner Maggie Lafuze gulps water at the Wild Horse Golf Club maintenance shed after both the junior and senior teams ran time trials on a shadeless country road last Friday. Temperatures that day hit 98 degrees.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins