Cool relief after hot workout
Water after Workout: As temperatures sizzled in the upper 90s last week (with the heat trend predicted to continue this week), those who work outside should remember to hydrate, especially students involved in athletics who practice outdoors. Pictured, Gothenburg High School eighth-grade cross country runner Maggie Lafuze gulps water at the Wild Horse Golf Club maintenance shed after both the junior and senior teams ran time trials on a shadeless country road last Friday. Temperatures that day hit 98 degrees.
- Friendship evolves into trip to Sweden
- Beef, wine and more
- Arrest made in April assault reported near Jeffrey Lake
- Dist. 20 students meet or exceed NsEA test standards
- Fund set up for brothers killed Monday in LA.
- Defense makes the difference
- Errors hamper Swedes in opening game loss
- Brady’s ACT scores drop with more students tested