Golfers 6th at NP Invite
Harm places 10th
Gothenburg is seeing improvement in individual scoring after the North Platte Invitational Thursday.
McKinley Harm continues to hit the ball well, head coach Tara Foster said. Harm posted a career best 95 that led the Swedes and placed her in the top 10.
“She is recognizing when to go for shots and when to play conservative,” Foster said. “Her improvements continue and she has fine tuned her short game.”
Megan Vetrovsky from McCook paced the Bison shooting a 75. That was good enough for first place and helped her team to a second place finish.
Sidney was the overall champion shooting a team score of 363. The Swedes placed sixth with a 421.
For the Swedes, Mallory McCoy reduced her score by four strokes, shooting a second best 103. Behind Harm and McCoy were Courtney Brown’s 110, Taylour Marshall’s 113 and Kelsey Kuhlman’s 126.
Foster said Brown, Marshall and Kuhlman continue to make contributions to the team score, with the team goal set at shaving strokes off of every golfer’s score, each week.
Gothenburg will travel north to the Broken Bow Invite Thursday.
“We’ll make some small improvements in practice that hopefully carry over,” Foster said.
1. Sidney 363; 2. McCook 363; 3.Gering 372; 4. Millard West 388; 5. North Platte 401; 6. Gothenburg 421; 7. Ogallala 478; 8. Cozad 506; 9. Lexington NTS.
TOP 10 GOLFERS
1. Megan Vetrovsky, McCook 75
2. Breanna Redl, McCook 79
3. Rachel Petik, Sidney 80
4. Katelyn Strudehoff, M. West 85
5. Kendall Bayne, Gering 88
6.Maaika Mestl, Ogallala 88
7. Karson Langley, Sidney 88
8. Sam Rahmig, Gering 89
9. Amanda Beall, North Platte 93
10. McKinley Harm, Gothenburg 95
McKinley Harm 95
Mallory McCoy 103
Courtney Brown 110
Taylour Marshall 113
Kelsey Kuhlman 126
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State