Cold and windy weather challenges Swede golfers
Rain, wind and cool weather combined to make the Gothenburg Invite less than enjoyable to say the least.
Head coach Tara Foster said the conditions were not ideal for the home invite at Wild Horse Golf Club last Thursday.
Gothenburg finished in third place overall shooting a 422. The Swedes were beaten by Minden’s score of 383 and McCook at 365.
Foster felt the conditions hampered the girls from a good showing and didn’t allow them to shoot scores they expected to at home, she said.
Leading the way for Gothenburg was Mallory McCoy who shot 100, which was good enough for 12th place. Taylour Marshall also medaled shooting 101.
The low round of the invite belonged to Megan Vetrovsky from McCook who finished with a 79.
“I was pleased how the girls were able to hand in a decent score, after a few bad holes and the conditions,” Foster said.
Gothenburg will continue to focus on short game and quality approaches to each shot, Foster said.
They will play in North Platte on Friday at 4:30 p.m.
1.McCook 365, 2. Minden 383, 3. Gothenburg 422, 4. Holdrege 448, 5. Dundy County 450, 6. Valentine 456, 7. Ogallala 461, 8. Broken Bow 516, 9. North Platte 583.
TOP 15 GOLFERS
1. Megan Vetrovsky, McCook 79
2. Maaika Mestl, Ogallala 82
3. Breanna Redl, McCook 86
4. Jessica Rehtus, Minden 90
5. Paige Kristensen, Minden 93
6. Ashton Boldt, Minden 95
7. Rebecca Lorens, Dundy Co. 95
8. Kacee Samway, McCook 97
9. Ashton Bancroft, Valentine 98
10. Brenna Gnuse, Holdrege 100
11. Ashlyn Ostgren, Holdrege 100
12. Mallory McCoy, Gothenburg 100
13. Payton Zarkovski, Dundy Co. 101
14. Kaleigh Page, Broken Bow 101
15. Taylour Marshall, Gothenburg 101
Mallory McCoy 100
Taylour Marshall 101
McKinley Harm 107
Kelsey Kuhlman 114
Courtney Brown 117
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout