Outstanding stewardship of water SIX-Mile Canal honored
Six Mile Canal Co. recently received a World-Herald Master Conservationist award for outstanding stewardship of water resources. The 116-year-old canal near Gothenburg was recently sold to the Central Platte Natural Resources District so water could be returned to the Platte River. Pictured at the award ceremony are, l-r Sen. Greg Adams, Joel Long of the Omaha World Herald; Larry Gill, Jan Gill, both of Gothenburg, and Jan Wightman, Sen. John Wightman and Joe Anderjaska, Nebraska Association of Resources Districts president.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.