Swedes sweep 2 foes
Gothenburg started off the week with sweeps over Chase County and Perkins County Oct. 1, as the Swedes hosted a triangular.
Gothenburg faced a Longhorn team in the first match and were tested early in the first set winning 26-24.“We struggled to get going in that first set against them,” head coach Mary Clark said.
Chase County took advantage of Swede errors to keep the game close.
In the second set however, Clark said the girls got into a rhythm and took care of business.
The Swedes beat the Longhorns 25-13 to take the match.
Tiani Reeves led the Gothenburg with 10 kills followed up by Regan Geiken with eight.
Taylor Mroczek and Aryn Meisinger added 12 digs and 11 digs, respectively, through the two sets.
In the second match against Perkins County, Gothenburg struggled again in the first set, beating the Plainsmen 25-22.
Gothenburg got back to playing well in the second set, Clark said, taking care of Perkins County with a 25-5 game victory and completing the sweep.
Reeves led Gothenburg in kills again while seven Swedes accounted for at least one kill and every girl that played collected a dig.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates