Wallace, Maywood swept by the Eagles
The Brady volleyball team traveled to Wallace Oct. 1 for a triangular and brought home wins against Maywood and Wallace.
The Eagles first match was against host Wallace, beating them in straight sets 25-21, 28-26.
Head coach Lynne Johson said the Eagles struggled in parts of the game that normally they are great at.
“We struggled to click as a team,” Johnson said. “Our passing and setting were off and normally those are strengths.”
Defensively, Wallace attacked the right side of Brady’s defense, which was worked on through last week, Johnson said.
Madison Elliot led the Eagles with six kills on 12-13 hitting. Tara Callahan added five kills in the match and Valerie Most rounded out the attack with four kills.
Alexis Mann assisted on 12 of the 20 kills during the match.
In the second game, Brady took on Maywood and beat them 25-15 and 25-12
Johnson said it was a good game to let some junior varsity girls play and get some experience.
Josie Palmer and Callahan led the Eagles with seven kills apiece.
Callahan added six aces in the victory.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair