Tears of joy for Swede Seniors
SENIOR MOMENT: Kyndal Holmes (left) embraces her father, assistant coach Jay Holmes, along with teammate Emily Franzen following Gothenburg’s victory in the championship game of the District C-6 softball game Friday at the four-plex. Holmes and Franzen, both seniors, have been members of Swede teams that have qualified for state the last three years. For more photos and a story about the district tournament and opening opponent at state, see the sports pages.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action