Tears of joy for Swede Seniors
SENIOR MOMENT: Kyndal Holmes (left) embraces her father, assistant coach Jay Holmes, along with teammate Emily Franzen following Gothenburg’s victory in the championship game of the District C-6 softball game Friday at the four-plex. Holmes and Franzen, both seniors, have been members of Swede teams that have qualified for state the last three years. For more photos and a story about the district tournament and opening opponent at state, see the sports pages.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.