Brady dominates in victory over Wolves
The Eagle volleyball team traveled to Arthur County Monday night and convincingly beat the Wolves in three sets-—25-11, 25-13 and 25-11.
Head coach Lynne Johnson was pleased with the girls’ effort and managed to get some junior varsity girls into the game.
Brady has stacked together eight straight wins and Johnson gives credit to the girls taking what they drill in practice onto the court.
“We work on staying focused and keeping the intensity up,” Johnson said. “It’s easy playing a team that isn’t as good and getting complacent.”
In the match, Valerie Most and Tara Callahan provided nine kills apiece while five other girls each accounted for a kill.
This game allowed the girls to try different things that maybe they weren’t as comfortable with doing in a game, Johnson said.
Fortunately for Brady, Arthur County struggled to handle strong serving and dominating hitting.
Brady plays in the Sandhills Conference tournament this week and against Hitchcock County Thursday.
“We usually don’t play a game in the middle of the tournament but with the football team traveling there, we scheduled a game too,” Johnson said. “It will give us an opportunity to stay sharp between conference games.”
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout