Legion Post to host Veteran’s Day dinner
Gothenburg area veterans and their families are invited to a Veteran’s Day celectration Monday, Nov. 11 at the Gothenburg Senior Center.
The dinner, which starts at 6 p.m., is open for all veterans, wives, family, widows of veterans and member of the public.
The Gothenburg High School chorus will perform. The featured speaker is retired Sergeant Major Allen Janssen (a Gothenburg High School graduate). Roger Aden will tell us about visiting the Korean War Memorial in Washington D.C.
Veterans are urged to corne to the dinner and give support to the officers of the Legion Post: Jeff Morris, commander; Jack Ostergard, vice commander; Bob Bullock, adjutant; Dean Kugler, financial; Bill Hayward, chaplain.
Tickets are $10 each and can be purchased from: Jeff Morris, 537-7419; Jack Ostergard, 537-3256; Dean Kugler, 537-7423; and Bob Lutjemeyer, 537-5333.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates