Brady second in the Sandhills Conference
The Brady volleyball team took second in the Sandhills Conference tournament Oct. 22 and Oct. 26.
The Eagles beat Mullen in the second round last Tuesday in straight sets—25-21, 25-14 and 25-23.
“We didn’t play our best game of the season but we still played well,” head coach Lynne Johnson said.
Leading the way for the Eagles was Madison Elliott with six kills in the match.
Josie Palmer, Tara Callahan and Valerie Most each added five kills to help Brady defeat the Broncos.
With the win, Brady advanced to the championship match on Saturday against the Knights of Sandhills/Thedford.
“We were not mentally prepared for the game,” Johnson said. “We had a long week, we did a lot of traveling and didn’t adjust.”
Brady won the first set 25-23 but went on to lose the next three 25-16, 25-23 and 25-19.
“They had bigger hitters than Mullen had the game before,” Johnson said. “They played a really good game and we didn’t.”
Johnson noted that the girls ‘passing was tight which led to bad timing between setters and hitters.
“It was weird to see them not clicking,” Johnson said.
Callahan paced the attack with 10 kills while Most and Elliott had six and seven, respectively.
“It’s one of those deals when you get down to the end of the year you have to play your best ball,” Johnson said.
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.
- Gothenburg Youth Trap Club taking aim at state
- Eagles perform well in tough meet