Gothenburg Shares begins $5,000 campaign
The Gothenburg Shares fund kicks off this week.
Donations are being requested to help pay for the Christmas Food Baskets Program, an annual tradition in Gothenburg for 40 years.
This year’s goal is $5,000. Last year, 70 families were served by the program.
The food baskets provide the ingredients for a nutritious holiday meal to families and individuals in need.
The delivery day for the food baskets is Saturday, Dec. 21. The Gothenburg Rotary Club sponsors the program with delivery assistance students and other individuals.
Cash donations can be brought or sent to: Gothenburg Times, 406 10th St., P.O. Box 385, Gothenburg, NE 69138.
If donors would like their name listed in The Times, they should fill out a form that appears elsewhere in this issue. Donations are requested by 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 20.
- Luncheon Carolers
- Eagles grounded
- Brady bounces Paxton, Twin Loup
- Brady school board working through superintendent search
- Generous donations push Shares fund closer to the top
- Reeves named to OWH All-Nebraska first team
- County board agrees to remodeling bids
- Swede girls get confidence and a win at Grant