Four Swedes selected to all-conference team
Four Gothenburg volleyball players were among 21 girls selected for all-conference post-season recognition voted on by coaches in the Southwest Conference last Wednesday.
Junior Tiani Reeves, who led the Swedes this year in each of the hitting categories (attempts, percentage, good attempts and kills) was selected as first team all-conference.
Senior Aryn Meisinger, a setter and right-side hitter was also selected onto the first team. Meisinger led the team in aces, set attempts and set assists.
Seniors Regan Geiken and Taylor Mroczek earned second team all-conference honors.
Ogallala, who qualified for state in Class C-1, landed three girls on first team all-conference and three who were named honorable mention.
State runner-up Minden had two girls on first team and two girls on second team all-conference.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.