Swede football players named to all-district team
Nine Gothenburg football players were recognized as top performers in C1-9 district this season by the coaches in a meeting last week.
Six Swedes earned all-district first team recognition for their play on either the offensive, defensive or both sides of the ball.
Three Gothenburg players were named to the district’s second team.
Senior running back Blake Ristine and junior running back Zach Wolf received first-team recognition along with senior offensive and defensive lineman Adam Speck and junior linemen Tanner Borchardt and Dylan Folkers. Senior kicker and safety Trenton Long also earned all-district recognition.
Swede seniors earning all-district honorable mention were fullbacks/linebackers Skyler Kottwitz and Roy Slack along with defensive back Ross Ostendorf.
Gothenburg, who finished 8-3 tied with Kearney Catholic for the second most members recognized on both all-district teams with nine apiece.
State champion Cozad at 13-0, and the winner of the C1-9 district with a 4-0 record, landed 13 players on the all-district list.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president