Generous donations push Shares fund close to the top
Nearly $2,900 was donated to the Gothenburg Shares fund this week bringing the total within $100 of the $5,000 goal.
Over 80 food baskets—an increase of 12 from 2012—will be distributed Saturday by members of the Gothenburg Rotary Club, the Gothenburg High School Interact Club and other volunteers.
Those making recent donations, in addition to numerous anonymous gifts, were: Hilltop Birthday Club, Doug and Merri Monkemeier, Anonymous in honor of Elaine Tollefson, Anonymous in honor of Gothenburg teachers, Two Ten Club, Don Derra, Anonymous in honor of Kayleen & Ron Ostergard, Gothenburg State Bank Santa Pictures, Getaways Extension Club, Sandy Bosch and Dawson Tire & Wheel.
- Area News Digest
- Swim team succeeds at Minden
- Fleetwood Mac tribute band headlines fair
- Dredging project continues at Jeffrey Lake
- UNL leading crop productivity research project
- Concert, color run, rodeo all part of Fourth of July events
- Offensive woes continue for senior melons
- Pony Express Re-ride