Franzen earns Telegraph player of the year honor
In her final season wearing a Swede uniform, Gothenburg’s Emily Franzen earned The North Platte Telegraph’s Softball Player of the Year award.
Franzen had a record-setting season at the plate posting a Class C record .608 batting average while knocking in 38 RBIs.
She also hit 15 doubles and had an on-base percentage of .656 in 2013.
For her career, Franzen set five school records: Hits (130), RBIs (117), home runs (6), career batting average (.467) and single-season batting average (.608) while only striking out 11 times in 278 total trips to the plate.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout