Franzen earns Telegraph player of the year honor
In her final season wearing a Swede uniform, Gothenburg’s Emily Franzen earned The North Platte Telegraph’s Softball Player of the Year award.
Franzen had a record-setting season at the plate posting a Class C record .608 batting average while knocking in 38 RBIs.
She also hit 15 doubles and had an on-base percentage of .656 in 2013.
For her career, Franzen set five school records: Hits (130), RBIs (117), home runs (6), career batting average (.467) and single-season batting average (.608) while only striking out 11 times in 278 total trips to the plate.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC